Help Desk / Microsoft Power BI Developer
Full Time | Cincinnati, OH
Help desk needed to provide technical assistance and support for incoming issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Data analysis via Microsoft Power BI tools, design reports demonstrating a deep understanding of Business Intelligence and Analytics concepts and strategies. Position requires two years of experience with help desk functions or other closely related position. One year with Microsoft Power BI.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade current IT infrastructure: Servers, PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphone, network, and all hardware/software. Purchase & install new equipment.
- Create and develop Power BI visuals and data models as required:
- Meet with end users to define data requirements for reporting.
- Conduct data analysis, explore current need & evaluate data solution to meet demand.
- Develop a data model, acquire & organize input data into a solution.
- Validate results & translate into supporting visuals to meet requirements.
- Develop business forecasting tools, notification dashboard, exception reporting.
Software & Programming Languages:
Microsoft Dynamics GP, Solid Edge, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Microsoft Windows 7+, Microsoft Windows Server 2008+, MAC OS.
Microsoft Power BI: Design, implement and develop reporting and analytics solutions to meet business requirements. Data integration between core business applications data pools.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012+: Database creation, store procedures, query design, upgrade & optimization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-years of experience in help desk functions
- 1-year Data Analysis and Business Intelligence reporting
- Experienced SQL Database Analyst and SQL Developer
- Data visualization and advance calculations using Business Intelligence tools.
- Understanding of Dashboards creation, implementation & maintenance.
- Experience creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, etc.
- Experience in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge connecting Microsoft Power BI to various data sources: Microsoft SQL Server/Dynamics GP, Google Analytics, Salesforce.
- Exposure to setting up and configuring Microsoft Power BI related Gateways and related data connections.